Design Standards & Applicable Code
- Design as per MBMA
- The 2002 Edition of Low Rice Building System Manual of Metal Building Manufacture Association (MBMA).
- All applicable loads are as per MBMA
- Hot rolled and build up section are designed in accordance with : Manual of Steel Construction, 9th Edition of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISI).
- Cold-Formed members are designed in accordance with : 1996 Edition of Cold-formed Steel Design Manual of American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI)
- Welding is applied in accordance with : Structural Steel Welding Code of American Welding Society (AWS.D1.98).
Design as per Indian Standard :
- IS-875 (Part I) – 1987 : Code of Practice for Design Dead Loads for Building and Structures.
- IS-875 (Part II) – 1987 : Code of Practice for Design Imposed Loads for Building and Structures.
- IS-875 (Part II) – 1987 : Code of Practice for Design Wind Loads for Building and Structures.
- IS – 1893 (Part I) – 2002 : Criteria for Earthquake Resistance Design of Structure.
- IS 2062 : 2006 – Steel for general structural purposes.
- IS 808 : 1989 – Dimensions for hot rolled steel beams, columns, channels and angles.
- IS-800 (1984 & 2007) : Code of Practice for General Construction in Steel.
- Design of Tapered Built up section is in accordance with : Manual of steel Construction, 9th Edition of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC).
- Cold – formed members are designed in accordance with :
- IS-801 (1975) : Code of Practice for use of Cold – Formed Light Gauge Steel Structure.
- Welding is applied in accordance with : Structural Steel Welding code of American Welding Society (AWS D1.1.98) IS – 816 (1969) : Code of Practice for use of Metal Arc Welding for general construction in steel.
|Steel Material||Specifications||Min. Yeild Strength|
Portal Frames / Builtup Frames
|ASTM A 570 G 50 / IS 8500 or Equipment||Y S 345 mpa|
|Secondary Members Cold Formed
|ASTM A 570 or IS 1079 / 10748
ASTM A 653 MSS Gr. 34,
coating 120/150 GSM
|Y S 245 or 345 mpa
Y S 345 mpa
|Roof Sheeting & Panels
Bare & Colour Coated
|ASTM A 792M Grade D AZM 150||Y S 345 or 550 mpa|
|IS 513 Grade O or D||Y S 240 mpa|
|Mezzanine Deck Panels
|ASTM A 653 SS Grade 55.
Zink Coating 180 GSM
|Y S 550 mpa|
|Diagonal Bracing Members
Rods round bar
|ASTM A 36M / IS 2062 or Equivalent||Y S 245 mpa|
|High Strength Bolts (Rafter)||ASTM A 325 M Grade 8.8 or Equivalent||UTS 830 mpa|
|Anchor Bolts||ASTM A 36M / IS 2062 or Equivalent
ASTM A 307 / IS 1367 or Equivalent
|Y S 245 mpa|
|Galvanised M S Bolts||Grade 4.6 Hot dip
Galvanised / Plating yellow colour
|Y S 245 mpa|